Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hanging out in Chicago


Our trip is officially underway! Feels like I just started thinking about the possibility and now off we go!

Yesterday was a great day with the family celebrating Christmas early which, I have to say, it’s a brilliant plan. We were able to go out and return, exchange, and go shopping on our Christmas Day! This is a best kept secret so don’t spread it into the retail world. ;-)

Our flight out of Atlanta was a non event except or an unruly two year old (are there any other kind) who was a master of waiting till you were almost asleep then screaming or making some other noise. Lucky for the child, my dad did not have any duct tape. Let the character building begin! I was excited to see the city covered in snow. Reminds me of the snows of New Jersey although, I know my friends and family up there have had enough of the snow.
Lucky for both me and my dad, this airport has a Dunkin donuts and Starbucks practically next to each other. Guess we’ll both get have our last “real” coffee experience prior to departing the country. We’ll definitely have enough time due to the 2 hour delay they added to our already 5 hour layover. Let’s just hope we don’t much further delay or we might be hanging out in Brussels for a couple days. It is just another reminder that we ultimately have no control over anything. It’s all God’s timing.
I am still in shock and amazements that in 24 hours or so we will be in Africa! Although, that also means 24 more hours of traveling but that’s ok. It’s going to be an amazing trip and God is going to do amazing things! I pray you are all blessed equally this time of year. Enjoy the time with friends and family.

Lindi
Prayer Requests
Continue to pray for traveling mercies for us and that the flights run smoothly all the way to Liberia
That we are able to get in contact with Robert when we get to Liberia. We are not sure if we have mins on our Liberia phone
Our family as they travel around this holiday season without us
Pray we have the energy to be able to function on Tuesday after we get there. We don’t have a real recover day so we’ll be pushing through.

4 comments:

  1. I just love that picture of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lindi...I work with your dad. Just want to wish you guys a safe trip to Liberia. It's so awesome to see you all traveling to the other side of the world to do GOD'S work. You guys are making a big sacrifice, and I can't wait to hear all about the trip. I'll continue to follow your blog. God Bless...

    ~Kuebla

    ReplyDelete